At the heart of our business are people. We create a better everyday life together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture.
Construction Project Coordinator
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking enthusiastic, pragmatic candidates with passion to grow with us who understand that team cooperation and that honest communication is vital for getting projects done. Construction coordinators can expect to work with various functions and with budgets that constantly shift and change. Working with local authorities and liaising with developers, clients, workers and inspectors is all part of an ordinary day at work. They should have a firm grasp of construction work, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and a steadfast approach to the cost management.
You are innovative person with a passion for doing business and delivering results within a given framework. To be successful as a construction coordinator you should be an optimistic, calm, perceptive problem-solver. Ideal candidates will have exceptional time-management skills, an ability to identify and utilize the different skills and talents of workers, a good understanding of project management software and an unflinching respect for modern standard practices, rules and regulations. You are also a natural negotiator that explores alternatives to reach outcomes acceptable to all parties. You get energized by driving innovations and managing resources to maximise efficiency and performance. You have ability to evaluate trade-offs between potential costs and benefits and act accordingly.
You enjoy travelling as you will often go on business trips (mainly within Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary, occasionally other European countries)
• Initiate, plan, execute, organize, manage, control and close a project.
• Managing the quality of work, budget costs including follow ups and procurement.
• Coordinating permission process with other stakeholders.
• Communicating with clients, developers, architects and engineers to create sustainable construction based on the plans and IKEA guidelines.
• Managing realistic timelines for construction site and prevent deviation.
• Identifying, developing and utilizing the talent pool and tools to maximize productivity and quality of work.
• Adhering to both budget and time constraints.
• Visiting and inspecting building sites to create a safe and healthy construction site.
• Reporting on progress and challenges including risk management
• Learning and applying the latest relevant knowledge, standards, trends to the work.
• Ability to communicate effectively in Czech/Slovak and English.
• Secure from construction point of view that our properties are kept in relevant shape for the business during rebuilding’s of existing buildings and building new buildings.
• Participate and contribute in the development in the Cluster of how to engage with designers and contractors in the projects to continuously find cost efficient and innovative project delivery. Work and engage closely with Procurement to identify best for IKEA procurement strategies.
• Ensure satisfactory commissioning, testing, training and hand-over of technical and building systems to the building, including the provision of all necessary documentation.
WHAT WE OFFER
• 5 weeks of holiday
• Flexible working hours
• Possibility of home office
• Benefit package worth 10 000 CZK a year (sport, culture, health, travel, education etc.)
• Employee discount in IKEA
ABOUT THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
We will prioritise applications from you who fulfil most of the requirements.
In this application process we welcome your online application sending your CV and motivational letter in ENGLISH . Video questionnaire and personal interview are the next steps in the recruitment process (applies to selected candidates).
Information about the vacancy
Skandinávská 144/15a, 155 00 Praha-Třebonice, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, transport allowance, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, education allowance, occasional work from home, corporate events, foreign business trips
English (advanced), Czech (proficient)
IKEA Česká republika
Sdělte nám prosím důvod, proč jste na pozici neodpověděl/a:
Odpovědi jsou anonymní a zaberou Vám asi 2 minuty.