At the heart of our business are people. We create a better everyday life together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture.
Retail Food Manager
Who you are . . .
- As a person you are passionate about people, business, and continuously driving better performance as well as creating customer value. In addition, you are passionate about the food business and exploring new and innovative opportunities.
- For this role we believe you have minimum 10 years of experience working in food& beverage industry and minimum 10 years of experience in leading and managing leaders and teams with different disciplines within the food industry.
- Further, you have experience from retail, preferably food sector.
- You have a broad knowledge of business planning process as well as of direction setting, creation of strategic and operational goals and plans including follow up on KPIs as well as of the multichannel reality and online customer behaviours.
- Further, you have broad knowledge of food business, food operations as well as of (food) trends that influence retail design and communication to gain insight to a more appealing product presentation for customers in our retail environment.
- You have good knowledge of local food safety regulations as well as of co-worker satisfaction assessments and potential actions to ensure the desired co-worker satisfaction and retention. Finally, you possess good change and stakeholder management skills and know how to apply these in an extremely ambiguous environment requiring cross functional collaboration.
- You have ability to understand and create clarity around complex situations and interdependencies. Furthermore, you have ability to coach and influence a team while communicating in an inspirational way. You also have ability to identify business opportunities accordingly combined with strong operational skills with ability to prioritize, delegate and make efficient decisions with speed and simplicity as well as to follow up and measure output and capture learning.
Your responsibilities . . .
- In the role as Retail Food Manager, you are responsible for providing an inspiring and unique meeting with the customers in existing and new meeting places. You are also responsible for driving and strengthening food knowledge and leadership to address food quality and operational excellence and to address effectiveness and efficiency by providing exceptional quality in common ways of working, solutions and equipment’s.
- You will ensure a food experience that is safe, sustainable, healthy and delicious, affordable and convenient, human and joyful, with a Swedish touch.
You will ....
- Be responsible for managing resources (people and money): Responsible for people planning within Food. Manage Sales prioritization and forecasting, Pricing and Margin mix development. Ensure food quality and operational cost efficiency and effectiveness to secure Sales results and Profitability Develop functional budget, ensure approval, forecasting, follow up and coordination with Commercial Manager to secure country and functional goals are covered.
- Act as a member of the management team and proactively contribute to the business plan, commercial plan and commercial calendar process.
- Ensure the positioning of Food as a driver for growth, visitation, customer experience and brand positioning.
- Drive Food operational excellence and business development to enable safe, consistent high food quality in convenient, human and joyful customer experience within all customer and co-worker meeting places.
- Be accountable for sales and profitability of the function, quality of food, food safety, legal compliance and customer experience.
- Ensure Food financial results through monitoring the performance, identify gaps and initiate changes.
- Secure the pricing and sales and supply planning process for the IKEA Food business.
- Drive seamless Food experience and maximize conversion within all customer meeting points to enable extraordinary growth.
- Lead, coach and develop a high performing Food team that will strongly contribute to reach the common objectives and goals (e.g. growth, profitability, brand positioning, customer experience) as well as matrix for store food managers.
- Actively foster the interdependent leadership and active cooperation across all functions and units, within and outside Commercial, to secure integration, common focus and maximize impact.
- Secure the integrated multichannel executions/output of the function in order to contribute to the business goals.
- Measure performance of output in all areas to maximize efficiency and effectiveness/ensure performance excellence throughout the year.
- Take lead in driving an open and sharing climate, where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered.
- Lead the business transformation of the IKEA Food function in the country.
You will love to work with us, if . . .
- You are passionate about understanding consumer behavior, people’s life at home and the future development of home furnishing.
- You love solving complex business challenges and being at the forefront of the changes.
- You have willingness and passion in leading people, developing digital initiatives and delivering business success through results.
- You want to meet the lovely colleagues and fair and open-minded working environment where English language is one of the main communication languages and the knowledge of local language (Czech or Slovak) is a need.
- You want to have five weeks of vacation and remote work (max. 4x per months).
- You want to enjoy our staff discount on IKEA products.
- You want to be a part of our casual breakfasts each Friday.
Want to apply?
In this application process we welcome your online application sending your CV and motivational letter in English. Video questionnaire and personal interview are the next steps in this recruitment process (applies to selected candidates). Please note, that we will prioritise applications from you who fulfil most of the requirements.
We appreciate your application as soon as possible.
Warmly welcome with your application!
Information about the vacancy
Skandinávská 144/15a, 155 00 Praha-Třebonice, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, transport allowance, educational courses, training, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events
IKEA Česká republika, s.r.o.
155 00 Praha