At the heart of our business are people. We create a better everyday life together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture. To create an inspiring IKEA experience we need to make sure our co-workers have the preconditions to meet our customers in the best possible way.
Country Legal Manager
Who you are . . .
You are passionate about creating an Ingka fit for the future, and increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people.
You are motivated by leading and developing people, and inspired by working together in an ever-changing complex environment. You lead through co-creation with colleagues and other Ingka units as you share and live the IKEA culture and values.
To be successful in this role you hold a university degree in Law with very good achievement, with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a legal and governance environment, and minimum 3 years of leadership or stakeholder management experience.
You have knowledge in following areas:
- the legislation regarding general corporate activities and operations,
- broad knowledge and application of legislation, legal systems and government policies in business and commerce environment,
- legal and governance competence within country as well as relevant areas of operations,
- be able to have, or acquire solid understanding of legal systems (including litigation procedures) in country,
- broad knowledge of reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad spectrum of agreements and legal information.
In addition to this, you accomplish goals, complete tasks, and achieve results. You develop virtual and other collaborative relationships to facilitate current and future objectives, as well as gather, organize and analyses digital and other source of information in an objective manner. When negotiating you explore alternatives to reach outcomes acceptable to all parties, and in dealing with ambiguity you comfortably handle unclear or unpredictable situations. You express ideas and opinions effectively in both writing and spoken conversations.
Your responsibilities . . .
Your responsibility is to lead, review, support and secure the legal aspects of the businesses and operations in our region CZ/HU/SK within the framework of working defined by Ingka Group Legal & Governance.
- take clear responsibility for the legal matters and drive forward the legal topics in order to run the Ingka business,
- cooperate with, integrate in the business, and build good relations with stakeholders to secure mutually sustainable solutions,
- review, draft and negotiate commercial agreements and legal documents,
- pro-actively support the management and other stakeholders in order to run the IKEA business and to secure the rights and assess the obligations in order to reduce exposure to legal risks and to optimise business opportunities,
- equip leaders with legal competence and confidence to make good decisions,
- be responsible for implementing the appropriate corporate governance measures locally according to group guidelines and support management to organise for compliance with relevant steering documents, delegations etc.
- act as a link between external lawyers/suppliers of legal services and business units and secure the performance of external suppliers in respect of quality and cost,
- actively cooperate with Group Legal & Governance and contribution to the Business Plan and development projects and corresponding roadmap and support implementation,
- develop competence and provide education to relevant stakeholders in the area of laws and regulations,
- be updated in relevant international and local legal and governance developments, including changes in international, domestic and case laws and regulations,
- recruit, develop and inspire co-workers to deliver and perform at their best and at same time learn and develop for the future,
- create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
In this role you will report directly to the Country CFO CZ/HU/SK.
You will love to work with us, if . . .
- You are passionate about understanding consumer behavior, people’s life at home and the future development of home furnishing.
- You love solving complex business challenges and being at the forefront of the changes.
- You have willingness and passion in leading people, developing digital initiatives and delivering business success through results.
- You want to meet the lovely colleagues and fair and open-minded working environment where English language is one of the main communication languages and the knowledge of local language is a must (Czech or Slovak).
- You want to have five weeks of vacation and remote work (max. 4x per months).
- You want to enjoy our staff discount on IKEA products.
- You want to be a part of our casual breakfasts each Friday..
Welcome to apply . . .
We appreciate your application (CV and Motivation letter in English) as soon as possible.
The part of the recruitment process will be a video questionnaire.
Information about the vacancy
Skandinávská 144/15a, 155 00 Praha-Třebonice, Czech Republic
Duration of employment
Cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, transport allowance, educational courses, training, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events
English (advanced), Czech (proficient)
IKEA Česká republika, s.r.o.
155 00 Praha