At the heart of our business are people. We create a better everyday life for the many by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture together.
Real Estate Development Leader CZHUSK
As engaged, open minded and curious experts in all parts of the real estate business we take responsibility for the real estate business at IKEA as a trustworthy, appreciated and wanted business partner. We secure new and maintain existing physical locations in order to meet the needs of the many people. We provide strategic insight based on our knowledge and understanding of the real estate portfolio in IKEA. We take the lead in delivering safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions – with Democratic design and life cycle cost on top of our mind. We actively maintain and secure that our properties are kept in relevant shape for the business
You are service minded and customer driven and are passionate in leading business and people together. You are innovative and open to new solutions with a passion for doing business, always keeping sustainability in mind and you deliver results within a given framework. Furthermore you have the ability to contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
You have previous experience at management level from large-scale retail real estate development and experience of dealing with authorities. In ideal case you can use your wide spread network within the real estate area in CZ SK and HU. You are an expert in the market. In addition you have a deep experience in contract negotiations with landowners, landlords and other parties. You have academic degree in law/urban planning/business administration/architecture. You enjoy travelling as you will often go on business trips (mainly within Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary, very occasionally other European countries).
You have knowledge in following areas:
• project management
• change management, knowledge of how to create and implement change initiatives and manage stakeholders
• sustainable development real estate
• Real Estate Leases, knowledge about how to investigate, negotiate & structure, secure permits, and acquire premises for the different needs within IKEA
• property divestment, knowledge of the process of selling property assets, consisting of real estate investigations, review of obligations & site relations, implementing mitigating actions, valuation and investigations of potential buyers, negotiations and creating of business case
• languages: ability to communicate effectively in Czech/Slovak and English (you will use both daily: your colleagues are from all over the world and you will negotiate with the local partners)
In negotiating you explore alternatives to reach outcomes acceptable to all parties and you demonstrate general leadership ability and effectiveness. You have the ability to stimulate creative ideas and perspectives that add value. In addition, you provide guidance and feedback to maximise performance of individuals and/or groups and develop collaborative relationships to facilitate current and future objectives.
You have a pro-active approach, positive attitude and strong problem-solving skills. You are a solution focused person who communicates clearly and knows how to bring people together.
ABOUT THE JOB
Main purpose for this role is to be responsible for all aspects of securing locations and related permits within CZ, HU and SK and deliver safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions based on business needs in the country according to the Real Estate scope in IKEA
• lead the work to secure and divest locations according to the Real Estate scope in IKEA, by delivering safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions that meet the needs of the business and the many people
• own, control and minimize costs and risks related to the acquisition, divestment, zoning, planning, permitting, value and operation of IKEA Properties
• manage the procurement and contribution of all necessary external consultants and other stakeholders to enable tasks related to real estate development,
• support definition, development and securing implementation of IKEA internal strategies and processes related to the assignment
• develop working relations with local authorities and communities, and proactively engage with authorities to gain support for development, planning and permitting of IKEA business such as big box retailing, large property developments, logistic developments, shopping centres and mix-use developments
• lead and supervise the approval and execution of all public infrastructure, utilities and other off-site improvements in connection to all new and existing IKEA properties
• work with other IKEA functions, real estate partners and local authorities to finalize the projects pending legal obligation and ensure the satisfactory hand-over of completed projects along with the relative documentation to other functions after completed acquisitions and permits approval
• create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
You will be based in Prague, but this role involves a lot of travelling to the sites (mainly within Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary).
WANT TO APPLY?
In this application process we welcome your online application sending your CV and motivational letter IN ENGLISH. Video questionnaire and personal interview are the next steps in this recruitment process (applies to selected candidates). Please note, that we will prioritise applications from you who fulfil most of the requirements.
We appreciate your application as soon as possible, but please no later than June 17th.
Warmly welcome with your application!
Information about the vacancy
Skandinávská 144/15a, 155 00 Praha-Třebonice, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Corporate events, flexible start/end of working hours, occasional work from home, foreign business trips, education allowance, educational courses, training, holidays 5 weeks, bonuses, transport allowance, contributions to the pension / life insurance, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, discount on company products / services, cell phone, notebook, refreshments on workplace, meal tickets / catering allowance
Czech (advanced), English (advanced)
IKEA Česká republika